A poster session open to undergraduate and graduate students will be held at the 2021 ANS Student Conference in Raleigh, NC on Friday and Saturday, April 9th and 10th from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Topics accepted for poster presentations include all tracks included in the full meeting, as well as several topics related to education, outreach, and student section operation.
NOTE: Posters do not need to be submitted ahead of conference — simply bring your poster, no larger than 4 ft on any side (can be 4 ft vertical or horizontal)
**Easels will be provided, thumbtacks will be provided
Use the following template for poster abstracts*:
*Only 60 posters will be accepted.
Please review these guidelines carefully and prepare your poster presentation and materials to take maximum advantage of this session.
In particular, please note that poster sessions differ in the following ways from traditional sessions:
- Visual materials must be limited to those that can be displayed on a 4’ x 3’ poster board and read at a distance of a few feet
- Mount your display material in an attractive, logical way.
- Presentations should be discussed, rather than simply read.
- Poster displays frequently require more planning and preparation and can include more complex figures.
- Material that is not pertinent to the subject of your presentation should not be exhibited.
THE CONFERENCE WILL FURNISH THE FOLLOWING:
- One 4’ x 3’ poster board and push pins
- One easel
- Placard with title of presentation and authors
- Ice water and glasses nearby
PRESENTERS MUST FURNISH THE FOLLOWING:
- Diagrams, charts, figures, photos, drawings should be sized and lettered so they are legible and readable from a few feet distance.
- They should also be simple, colorful, well-labeled, and neatly done.
WHEN AND WHERE TO SET UP
- You may assemble your poster presentation in the main Marriott ballroom on Friday, April 9th , 1:00-3:00 pm and on Saturday, April 10th 1:00-3:00 pm
- Your presentation must be attended throughout the entire session by the primary author or co-author.
- Materials must remain posted for the duration of the session.
- Remember that this is an informal discussion and information exchange. The discussion may begin with a question from an interested attendee.
- You may initiate a discussion by pointing out the particular figure that depicts the essential conclusions
of your presentation and allow questions and answers.
- Remove all of your materials from the poster board by 3:30 pm on Friday, April 9th and Saturday, April 10th. ANS will not be responsible for materials left in the area after the presentation period.